Theme Redesign

Oct. 27, 2017

The frontend team at my company, Recovery Brands, recently finished developing a new WordPress theme for our site, The old design was starting to look dated (see below) and our design team decided it was time for an overhaul.

Like a lot of our sites, exists to offer resources to individuals who are suffering from substance abuse and looking to get help. The site mainly consists of the following page templates:

I was primarily responsible for the city and state directory pages as well as the facility listing page.

Development Approach

The development process began as soon as we received an InVision prototype from our Creative team. At this point, the project lead, Matt, worked to identify the components on each of the prototype’s pages and assign them to individual developers. Once we received our assigned components, we began writing code. The rest of the process is pretty straightforward. We used modern build tools and utilities like SASS for CSS preprocessing, Webpack for compiling assets, and Git for version control. The entire process took about 3 weeks from when we started to when the site was QA’ed and deployed. The new theme is a huge improvement compared to the old one and will hopefully make it easier to connect struggling individuals with the resources they are looking for.

Category: Web

←First Half Marathon Freelance Project - NAP→

Contact Me